"Ladies in Waiting" is the second episode of Victoria. The episode aired on the 29th August 2016, just one day after the first episode.
As Lord Melbourne's popularity in the House wanes, the Tories eagerly await triumph, while Victoria's uncle, the Duke of Cumberland, sees a chance to prey on her vulnerability and establish a co-regency.
- Jenna Coleman as Alexandrina Victoria
- Catherine Flemming as Victoria, Duchess of Kent
- Daniela Holtz as Baroness Louise Lehzen
- Nell Hudson as Miss Skerrett
- Tommy Knight as Brodie
- Eve Myles as Mrs. Jenkins
- Paul Rhys as Sir John Conroy
- Peter Firth as The Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdal
- Rufus Sewell as Lord Melbourne
- Real rats were used to attack the castle
Debuted on PBS in the US on 17 January 2017 as part of the anthology series Masterpiece. For this broadcast, "Ladies in Waiting" was edited together with "Doll 123" to form a two-hour "movie". This resulted in some scenes from both episodes being shortened or removed. This is, to date, the last episode to have any major footage removed in this way; all episodes broadcast on PBS since have had a least a couple of minutes of additional footage not seen on ITV or either UK or North American DVD/Blu-ray release.